Lamentations 3: 25: The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.
This verse in Lamentations chapter 3, is about receiving faith in God who finds me, when life is hard. God will reach out to you in the midst of a hard time, because he is a God who seeks and finds.
We believe in a finding God. There is no question that when we struggle, we look for God, a God who sometimes feels to be painfully absent as a result of our disobedience.
We should be in the business of finding God when life is hard, but then, in the midst of life's pain, we will meet a finding God; a God who seeks out and finds the one who is lost, or in need. He is the God who gave his Son, because he cares. He is our God that triumphed over all our enemies, because he loves us.
God’s message is not so much about our efforts to deal with hardship and the depression that goes with it! We need to amidst our depression and anxiety be open to be met by the finding, seeking God, revealed in Jesus Christ:
• the God who hears the cries of his people when they hurt;
• the God who is with us in our suffering;
• the God who knows our sorrows;
• the God who entered into this hard life, in Jesus Christ, his Son;
• the God who took our suffering on himself and redeemed us from it;
• the God who ensures that we are never alone;
• the God of all comfort;
• the God who gives us strength;
• the God who sustains us when life is hard;
• the God who gives us hope, a hope that will not disappoint.
Lam 3: 25 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.
Life is hard. We know this from experience and we know it from Scripture. Yet in this hard life God seeks us and finds us, because he is a finding, gracious, loving God.
In Jesus Christ, the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning.
Great is your faithfulness, O Lord.
Great is your faithfulness!